TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
The Personal Information the Company collects about You will depend on the manner in which You access or use the Website or any content on or through the Website and may include:
▪ Your name, age, or contact information, such as Your mailing address, telephone number, or email address, or other similar information associated with You;
▪ Your location, time-zone setting, network information, device type, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and version, operating system and platform, language, standard web log data, and IP address used to connect Your computer to the Internet or other similar identifier, or the equipment You use to access or use the Website and usage details;
▪ Data on the pages, services, or content You access or use on or through the Website, including the amount of time You spend on certain pages, products or services You viewed or searched for, clickstreams to, through, and from the Website, page response times, downloads and download errors, page interactions, or methods used to browse away from the Website;
▪ Billing or account information, if applicable; and
▪ Any other Personal Information that You choose to submit to us.
The Website and any content provided on or through the Website is not directed to any person who is not the legal age of majority under applicable law. The Company will not knowingly collect Personal Information from any person who is not the legal age of majority under applicable law.
METHODS FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information Provided to the Company by You
Personal Information the Company collects from You on or through the Website and as a result of Your access to or use of the Website or any content on or through the Website may include Personal Information You provide the Company directly, for example by:
▪ Submitting, posting, publishing, displaying, or otherwise transmitting user generated
▪ Filling in forms, making search queries, or corresponding with the Company on or through the Website, or otherwise communicating with the Company by any means including by phone, email, or other electronic messaging; or
▪ If applicable or available through or on the Website: creating or registering for an account; subscribing, purchasing, or requesting information on a service or product; entering a contest or promotion; or otherwise engaging with the Company through interaction points that might exist from time-to-time between You and the Company.
Information Collected by the Company Through Technological Means
▪ The device or equipment You use, including information about Your computer or mobile device, internet connection, IP address, operating system, and browser type; or
▪ Your browsing activities and patterns, including information about Your visits to the Website such as traffic data, location data, logs, and other similar communication data.
This information helps the Company improve the Website and the content available on or through the Website and otherwise improve the services of the Company by:
▪ Helping the Company understand audience sizes and usage patterns on the Website;
▪ Allowing the Company to tailor the Website to Your preferences and interests; and recognizing You when You visit the Website multiple times.
The technologies used by the Company to automatically collect the information described above may include cookies, which are small files placed on the hard drive of
Your computer. You can turn off cookies using Your internet browser but doing so may limit or remove certain parts of the Website, certain content on the Website, or the functionality of the Website.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
• Remarketing with Google AdSense
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
USING AND DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Use of Personal Information by the Company
The Company collects Personal Information to provide You with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience through or on the Website or any content on the Website. The Company may use Your Personal Information to:
▪ Provide You with content, services, or products on or though the Website;
▪ Customize, measure, and improve the Website or content provided on or through the
Website, or otherwise analyze or manage the Company’s business operations or Web-
▪ Deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, or promotional offers based on Your communication preferences;
▪ Send You things in the mail or through other channels, such as products or services that You have requested; register You for, or authenticate You when You sign into, an account or online services or when You purchase a product or service, or to provide You with notices about such accounts, subscriptions, or purchases;
▪ Otherwise fulfill the purposes for which You have provided Personal Information or that were described when such Personal Information was collected; or
▪ Carry out other purposes that are disclosed to You and to which You consent, or which are otherwise permitted or required by law.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
The Company may combine all the Personal Information the Company collects, including Yours, in order to analyze and understand aggregate trends.
The Company may transfer Your Personal Information to third parties that assist the Company with the use of Personal Information described in “Use of Personal Information by the Company”, above. Such third parties may combine Personal Information provided by the Company with other information that they have independently collected from or about You. Some third parties may be located outside of Canada and may accordingly be subject to laws that are different from those in Canada.
The Company requires that all third parties that received any Personal Information from the Company use the same standards as the Company in using, maintaining, disclosing, and protecting such Personal Information.
The Company may share or sell aggregated, non-personally-identifiable information to third parties. For clarity, the Company does not sell Personal Information. The Company may also share aggregated, non-personally-identifiable information publicly to show trends about the general use of the Website, or any content, services, or products provided on or through the Website.
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Other Disclosures of Personal Information
The Company may transfer information about You, including Personal Information, in connection with a merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency of bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of the Company’s business or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other changes in corporate control.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
The Company will provide You with access to Your Personal Information in accordance with applicable privacy legislation, and may decline to provide You access to Your
Personal Information on the basis that such Personal Information is:
▪ Protected by solicitor-client privilege; or
▪ Part of a legal proceeding, government or regulatory investigation or process, or otherwise part of a formal dispute resolution process.
Where the Company is unable to provide You with access to Your Personal Information, reasons will be provided subject to any legal or regulatory restriction.
The security of Your Personal Information is important to the Company. The Company protects Your Personal Information by maintaining physical, organizational, and technological safeguards against unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, theft, or misuse appropriate to the sensitivity of such Personal Information. Personal Information collected by the Company may only be accessed by persons within the Company who require access to provide You with access to, use of, or content, services, or products provided on or through the Website. The Personal Information the Company collects is maintained on Shopify database.
Although the Company takes measures to protect against data breaches and unauthorized access to Your Personal Information, no company can completely mitigate the risks of such breaches or unauthorized access and no website is fully secure. The Company cannot guarantee that hacking, data loss, breaches, or other unsanctioned access of the Company’s security systems will never occur. Accordingly, You should not submit or otherwise provide Personal Information to the Company by any means if You consider that Personal Information to be sensitive.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, the Company retains Personal Information only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which such Personal Information was collected. The Company reserves the right to use anonymous and de-identified information, including anonymized or otherwise de-identified Personal Information, for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to You and without Your Consent.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE